Broc Cellars Le Clairet The Perfect Red 2021
VARIETIES : 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
VINEYARD : Wirth Ranch
LOCATION : Solano County Green Valley
ALCOHOL : 13%
TOTAL PRODUCED : 1149 cases
WINEMAKER’S NOTES :
We pick at lower brix compared to neighboring Napa Valley to highlight a fresher style of Cabernet Sauvignon. We keep it fairly simple in the cellar. 90% of the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes were destemmed and the remaining 10% of grapes we left whole cluster to line the bottom of the tank. Fermented with native yeast and no S02 and pressed early to lessen the amount of tannins in the wine. This year’s release is a fresher expression of California Cabernet Sauvignon, making it versatile to pair with. Enjoy.
VITICULTURAL AREA :
The grapes come from Wirth Ranch, located in the heart of Solano County’s Green Valley, between Napa and Suisun Valley. The 30-year-old vines grow deep in iron-rich soils and is farmed organically.